Monday 18 April 2011

Group 2 Technologies - Appendix A

This week saw the use of digital images, podcast's and digital video.


Flickr - Digital Images


Picnik

Digital images are incorporated in various ICT tools to enhance and engage learners on a deeper level than plain text.

Erinn's Story - Digital Video

Personal Experience:
Digital image manipulation is second nature to me.  I've been using this ICT for many years now through education, workplace and personal creativity.  I've always enjoyed image manipulation and very much have the patience to spend hours using my creative flair :). 

The real learning curve for me came with the incorporation of creative commons licence.  Understanding the elements of this licence, that each image while under the same title can come with different restrictions for the user.  I had never heard of "CCL" prior to this week's activity.  This licence unlike the usual copyright laws allow students to access and work creatively with global pictures otherwise impossible to obtain without attending these locations. 

I enjoyed learning about Podcasts as this was new to me, but did not enjoy hearing my own voice.  I understand many future students may very well have the same reservations I did.  While digital video's to me once again was familiar and something I thoroughly enjoy being creative with.  Having a great appreciation for photography is possibly the reason behind my eagerness, toward anything that incorporates images.

No comments:

Post a Comment